Friday, September 21, 2012

Oh! Hiccups!!!!!!!!


“You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, you can survive it” This statement rang so true for us today!!

Some of you, you know who you are, are already aware that we experienced our first little business hiccup this morning. After logging onto our Ravelry page we noticed there was a message in our inbox. After reading this message from one of our wonderful and generous group members, we realized that a mistake had been made. Somehow things got mixed up in the mail and she received the incorrect skein of yarn this morning!! Horrified we jumped into action and contacted everyone who was sent skeins in the last mailing. The jury is still out on just how bad the mix up is……fingers crossed its minor!!

After the sock and embarrassment settled a little, both Sarah and I noticed however that the situation had a slightly humorous silver lining.

9 months ago I lost my beautiful Mama to Pancreatic Cancer. Today would have been her 63rd birthday. I woke this morning with an overwhelming ache. Her absence seemed more apparent, when faced with the knowledge that there wouldn’t be a cake, or a card or the joy of seeing my Mama smile when she opened my handmade item.  Somehow this little mailing mishap was my Mama’s way of saying “I’m still here sweet face, don’t spend your day being sad, and instead spend it trying to fix your little mistake!!!” I’m sure she is up there looking down on Sarah and I smiling and getting a huge laugh. My Mama was a huge support and believed in this idea that Sarah and I had from the very beginning. She would have been proud of us for following our dream and I think today was her way of showing me that even though she isn’t physically here, her presence can be felt!

However we do want to send a huge apology to all of the wonderful ladies that purchased items, and to let them know no matter what we will get everything sorted out and we will make this up to you!! We value your friendship and business. Thank you so much for your time and understanding.

Until next time happy crafting and be on the lookout for teaser photos of our newest collection coming October 1st!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment