Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's Go Shoppin!!!!!

Oh my goodness Oh! Loopers!!!!

Here it is 10 o'clock on Friday night and I am finally able to sit down at my computer and ramble on to you all about the amazing two weeks Sarah and I have had. But before we get to all of that there are a few shop and Ravelry group reminders.

First we want to say what a blast the "Out of this World" KAL was. Thank you all so much for participating. We know you are all anxious to find out who the three winners are. Well we are happy to report that there will be an official announcement made on Monday so be on the look out for that! While on the subject of the KAL we also wanted to formally announce that we will be having another one yea!!! However we know that many wonderful Ravelry members are gearing up for Camp Loopy, Sarah and I included, so our next KAL is currently scheduled to kick of September 1st so mark those calendars because it promises to be even more FAN-TAB-ULOUS than this one, and with even more goodies!!!

Okay moving on, there are a few shop reminders we wanted to tell you about. First if you haven't had the chance to vote on colors for the Sock Anonymous club please do so. The voting for that will close May 24th. Which brings me to my next reminder. If you are interested in subscribing to the Socks Anonymous club your order must be placed no later than May 25th. Sarah and I can't even tell you how excited we are for this club, we have some pretty awesome extra's lined up. If you have already purchased your subscription you will receive your first club skein the last week in June.

For current Yarnie AA club members, and anyone else interested, if you are planning to renew your subscription or purchase for the first time, you need to order no later than May 31st.

While on shop news we wanted to announce that we have decided to release another fun little mini collection in honor of Cinco de Mayo. We will release this collection on Sunday the 5th. Here is a little teaser to keep you interested.......



Then on Monday the 6th, week one of our "Massive Month of May Monsters" will begin and skeins will be going up in the shop every Monday this month!!!!! Aren't you so excited????? We are :)

Alright now that I have given you all the updates and reminders, Sarah and I would love to fill you in on all the amazing things that have happened in the last two weeks.

Early last week we were contacted by the wonderfully delightful Megan of the Stockinette Zombies Podcast. Okay guys just that right there should make you feel as happy as the new kid at school who gets asked to sit with the head cheerleader!! But it gets better. She contacted us in the hopes that we would be willing to be a sponsor for their  Zombie Knitpocalypse retreat that is happening in June. We were thrilled and of course said yes. Given that the retreat is hosted by the Stockinette Zombies and is called the Zombie Knitpocalypse we couldn't pass up the opportunity to theme our skeins accordingly. We called them things like, "If Tinkerbell were a Zombie" and "My Little Ponies take a trip to Zombiewood" these are the skeins we sent off, we hope whoever ends up with them will love them.



Again we couldn't be happier that they asked us and we had such a blast coming up with the colourways.

In addition to this Sarah and I had a meeting last Monday with one of the owners of a local yarn shop here in Spokane called "A Grand Yarn". The meeting went great and we are thrilled to announce that coming June 1st you will officially be able to purchase Oh! Loops yarn from the shop "A Grand Yarn" here in Spokane!!! We want to say a huge thank you to the wonderful owners we are very excited to be working with you both.

Lastly to add to our excitement, while on vacation in Montana last weekend with my girlfriends I happened to find a little yarn store in downtown Missoula called Loopy Knit and Crochet. Being the only knitter in my group I simply wanted to walk in and have a look. Somehow I got to chatting with the owner about the local yarn stores in Spokane and she happened to mention that she knew of and liked the shop A Grand Yarn, I smiled, so she inquired, so I informed. She was delighted to learn that Sarah and I had recently been pick up by this shop and instantly asked to see our stuff. After looking at the shop website she gave me her business card and told me that she would love to have a sit down meeting with Sarah and I to discuss the possibility of selling our yarn in their shop. Guys can you believe it. So in June Sarah and I will be headed over to Montana to have that meeting!! We will keep you posted :)

Oh! Loopers we can't even begin to tell you how much we love our job and it's all because of you guys our friends. Thank you so much for being so awesome and for supporting us.

Well I think I will sign off on that note, have a wonderful weekend everyone, don't forget "Out of this World" KAL winners will be announced on Monday!

Chat with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment